Thursday, April 7, 2016

April deals: Diapers, Wipes, and Pizza - everything a new mom needs!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while; I had a baby in the second week of March, and I've been kinda busy. I've still been couponing though. Here are a few of the deals that I've cashed in on. Most of them are still available!

Luvs Diapers at Walmart:
Right now there is a printable $2.00/1 package of Luvs diapers found here.  There is no restriction on the size of the package (meaning it works for boxes as well as bags). There is also a $5.00 rebate on Ibotta for any box of Luvs diapers (56 ct or higher).  Depending on what size of diapers you need, you can get anything from a good deal to a really great deal!
If you need size 1 diapers (I bought a package because I just had a baby) you can just use the $2.00 coupon and buy a bag of 48ct. The everyday price at Walmart for any bag of Luvs diapers is 6.97. With the coupon the package is $4.97, which makes your diapers just $0.10/piece.

Since my kids tend to gain weight really quickly (my youngest gained over 2 lbs in his first 3 weeks), I went ahead and bought a box of size 2 as well. Since I purchased a box, I could also use the $5.00 rebate from Ibotta. The box I bought has 96 diapers and cost $15.97 (shelf price). Using my coupon and rebate I got a total of $7.00 off, which made the diapers $0.09/piece. That's definitely better than the $0.20/diaper you pay at full price.

If you aren't used to buying diapers, the price of the boxes stays the same, regardless which size you purchase, but the price per diaper goes up with the larger sizes, because as the sizes increase, the number of diapers per box (or bag) decreases.  So while $0.09/diaper is fantastic for size 1-3, I would be happy to get $0.16/diaper for the size 5 package that my toddler needs. Using this deal, I get them for $0.15/diaper (so I'm stocking up)!

So far none of my local stores have had sales on Luvs diapers, but if they do before the rebate and coupon expire, I'll post about it!

Another great deal I got was on Huggies Wipes.  I saved some coupons from previous Huggies packages, one of them was $1.00 off Huggies wipes. If you don't have one of those, there is a printable one for $0.50 off found here. There are two rebates that match this coupon, $1.00 off at CheckOut51, and $2.00 off on Ibotta. To use both rebates and the coupon, you'll need to buy a package of at least 360 wipes. I bought a box of 552 from Walmart (not on sale) and paid $0.016 per wipe, which is better than what I usually pay for the Parent's Choice brand (usually the cheapest option).

Another great deal I got was on Totino's Party Pizzas. My husband and I love these for when neither of us feel like cooking. Several stores have had them on sale for $0.98/piece, I bought mine from Winco, but Ridley's has them on sale this week as well.
There is a printable coupon found here for $1.00 off when you buy 4.  There are also 2 rebates for $1,00 off when you buy 4, one from Ibotta and one from Savingstar. When I bought my pizzas there was also a rebate for $0.40 off any frozen pizza from Mobisave (that rebate is no longer available, but the other rebates are). Combining all 5 deals (the sale, the coupon, and 3 rebates), I paid $0.15 for 4 pizzas. The everyday price at Walmart is $1.36. Even without the Mobisave rebate, you pay $0.25 a piece.

That's all for now, I have a baby needing attention. Comment with any questions or deals you've found, too!

If you are new to rebate apps and/or couponing, check out my posts on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment