Friday, December 18, 2015

My favorite deals - December 18th

Today was an awesome shopping win for combining sales, rebates, and coupons! Here are some of the deals I made off with:

Angelsoft bathroom tissue is at Albertson's for $3.99 (you have to buy in groups of two to get that price) for their 12 pack of double rolls, or a 24 pack of their regular rolls. By itself, I consider this to be a stock up price, but SavingStar has a "one or many" rebate on AngelSoft, where you get $5 back after you spend $15. Since I'm almost out of toilet paper, I stocked up (bought 6 packages) and after the rebate will have only paid $0.13 per regular roll ($0.26 for the double rolls).


Philadelphia Cream Cheese is at Albertson's for  $0.99/8oz package. There is a printable coupon on coupons.com for $1.00 off 2 Philadelphia cream cheeses, making them only $0.50 a block.

Campbell's condensed soups are on sale for $0.48 a can - which I consider a stock up price already.  There was a coupon in the Sunday paper (might also be available online) for $0.40 off 4 cans of Campbell's soup, making them only $.0.38 a can. That's really great considering the regular price is around $1.00 per can.

Ridley's has Emergen-C on sale for $8.94.  I price-matched that at Walmart (so that I could use the SavingStar rebate) and used a $1.00 off coupon from the Sunday paper. Then when I got home I redeemed a $1.00 rebate from SavingStar, and ended up paying only $6.94. It usually costs around $10.00. If I could have redeemed the rebate multiple times I would have purchased more than one, because it's winter time and we use Emergen-C a lot at our house.

We also use Airborne a lot, and Fred Meyer's has it on sale for $5.99. For convenience only (I didn't want to drive all the way to Fred Meyer if I was already at Walmart) I price-matched that price at Walmart and used a $1.00 off coupon from the Sunday paper from a few weeks ago. Then I uploaded my receipt to Ibotta and got another $2.00 back. Because I know the rebate will reload in a few days, I went ahead and bought 2 of them (on separate receipts), using a different coupon for each one. When the rebate reloads I will redeem it again for another $2.00, and end up only paying $2.99 a box.

Luvs diapers are not on sale this week, but Ibotta has a rare rebate for $2.00 off one package of Luvs diapers, regardless of variety or size.  There is also a printable $0.50 off coupon for Luvs at Coupons.com.  Since the size of the package or the diaper doesn't matter, you can get the most bang for your buck buy purchasing a smaller package rather than a large box. Since I'm expecting a baby in a couple of months I bought a package of 40 newborn diapers at Walmart for $6.97 (regular price) and used my $0.50 off coupon, and then redeemed the $2.00 off rebate. That made the purchase only $4.47, or $0.11 a diaper. I also bought a package of size 1 (on a different receipt) which has 48 diapers in it and is the same price. That makes the size 1 diapers only $0.09 a piece.

Bisquick is also not on sale right now, but I have 2 rebates and a coupon for it and I'm almost out of pancake mix. I purchased it at Walmart for the everyday price of $3.16, used a printable $0.50 off coupon, and then redeemed a $0.50 off rebate with SavingStar and a $0.50 off rebate with Ibotta. It made the 40oz box of bisquick only $1.66

Challenge butter is on sale this week at Fred Meyer's for $2.50/lb. There is a printable coupon from the Challenge Dairy website for $0.75 off butter, and on my Ibotta app there is a $0.25 rebate for Challenge butter. That makes it only $1.50/lb.

The Grocery Outlet has Cheezits on sale for $0.77 a box (while supplies last) and there is a $1.00/off two rebate on Checkout 51. That makes them only $0.27 a box!

Those are my favorite deals from this week. I also found that God helped me by letting me be in the right place at the right time while at Grocery Outlet: They were giving away fresh produce that hadn't sold by it's sell by date, and I was the only customer in the store at the time, so I took almost all of it. When I say giving away, I mean that it still rings up at full price, but they stick vendor coupons on the package that say "$1.00 off" or "$2.00 off" or "$0.50 off", and those get calculated into your total before tax, so you don't even pay tax on the item. Usually you actually end up getting a few cents back from each vendor coupon if it's something they are giving away.  I got $12 of fresh produce for free, and it actually made the rest of my purchase $0.10 cheaper. This isn't the first time I've gotten free food from the Grocery Outlet; a few months ago I filled my freezer with free pork roasts, which gave me almost $1.50 off my remaining purchase.
They also happened to have the exact amount of whipping cream (which also freezes just fine) I need for my family reunion on sale for $1.54/qt (which is an amazing price!).  I would tell you to stock up, but I purchased them all :)   Still, you should check out the Grocery Outlet; they have amazing deals and you never know when you'll find them.  Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment