Friday, December 11, 2015

Snap by Groupon - the in's and out's

***Update: As of March 2016, Snap will no longer be a Cash Back app. You will be able to use this app to receive discounts at certain retailers, just like you would if you were to purchase a deal off of Groupon. If you have over $20.00 in your Snap account you can cash out like normal (until March), and if you don't have $20.00 by March, they will convert the money you do have in your account into "Groupon Bucks" and add them to your Groupon account. If you don't have a Groupon account, they create one for you based on your Snap account. Unfortunately, I don't find Groupon to be a good money saving tool for me and my family, so as of March 2016 I will be uninstalling the app from my phone. Unfortunately, the $9.00 I have in my account will be wasted because I won't get that money in my bank account. All that being said, Snap has been a GREAT app for me, and I don't regret using it!***

Snap (Also called Snap by Groupon) is an app I've only had for a short while, but I've made over $60 in the first month of using it, so I consider it a good investment of my time and of the space on my phone. Please feel free to use my referral link when you sign up! http://goo.gl3VfmGh


How it works

Snap allows you to redeem purchases from any store you want, unless specified otherwise. The usual exceptions are their "Walmart Exclusive" rebates, but I don't mind that because I can always price match another store's sale price at Walmart and still use the rebate.  You don't have to do anything to reserve rebates with Snap either, but you also don't know when offers expire.  I believe most offers are listed for 1 to 2 months, and new offers are listed at the beginning of each month. That being said, I highly suggest that if you see a rebate you want to use, check again the day you purchase it to make sure it's still there. Once you have purchased your item, simply take a picture of the receipt and tell them which offers (and how many of that offer) you purchased.

Snap doesn't have a ton of variety, but the offers they do have are really good quality.  They are very flexible, and usually don't have a limit to how many times you can redeem the rebate. For example: a few months ago Ridley's had Cache Valley Cheese on sale for $1.98 per 8 oz. The sale was for any variety of their shredded cheeses.  Snap had a rebate for $1.00 off any size and variety of Cache Valley Cheese. I also had a coupon for $1.00 off any 2 Cache Valley Products.  I am in charge of the food for a family reunion next year, and shredded cheese freezes well, so I went ahead and purchased all that I would need for the reunion.  The deal was only good enough for me to purchase all the cheese because I could redeem the $1.00 rebate on every bag of cheese I bought. I took the Ridley's flyer to Walmart and purchased 55 bags for the reunion plus 6 bags for myself using the Ridley's sale price (regular price at Walmart is $2.36 for an 8 oz bag, or $4.72 per pound). Unfortunately I only had 4 of the Cache Valley Coupons, so the majority of my cheese cost $1.96 per pound - which is still fantastic! The ones that I was able to use the coupons for only cost me $.096 per pound. I was a little nervous when I got home and entered into the app that I wanted to redeem the rebate 61 times (I thought they might think it was excessive and cut me off at a certain limit), but true to the details of the rebate, I was credited all $61 of cheese rebate money to my account!

Things to be aware of and Cashing out

One unique part of Snap is that you MUST upload your receipts within 48 hours of your purchase, so I suggest doing it AS SOON as you get home from shopping...especially if you're counting on $60 of rebate money.  Snap requires a $20 minimum before cashing out. Unlike most rebate apps which do direct deposit, they send you an actual check in the mail. I requested my check on the 5th, it was printed and mailed on the 10th, and I deposited it on the 15th into my bank account. Overall I'm VERY pleased with Snap. I haven't found something I don't like about them yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment